One of the things I love about this recipe is it’s a one skillet meal. You’ll find many one skillet meal recipes here at the Sensitive Dietitian’s Kitchen. Who has the time, patients or the energy for a whole sink full of pots and pans. I know you’re in a hurry or not feeling 100% so I’m going to make it as easy as possible to cook healthy gluten-free, dairy- free and delicious. What you won’t find in this recipe are artificial additives, preservatives or genetically modified foods, if I can help it.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in strips
- 1 medium sweet Vidalia onion, cut in wedges
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded/cut in strips
- 8 GF organic tortillas, rice, or corn tortillas warmed
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed, sliced (optional)
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet; cook the chicken strips over high heat, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add the onion, garlic and bell peppers to the oil in the pan and saute over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until the vegetables have begun to have a softened look around the edges.
- Serve right away, with warm tortillas, guacamole, sliced green onions, and salsa. Serve with hot cooked rice and re-fried beans, if desired.