Ah summer, it’s the most wonderful season for fresh vegetables. Right now you’re going to find some of the best fresh green beans, zucchinis, yellow squash, sweet corn, tomatoes, lettuce and more. The closer the produce is grown to you, the less time it spends being transported, losing valuable nutrients along the way. If you buy fresh from the grocery or farmer’s market be sure and cook it within a day or two. Here’s a very simple cut and saute recipe.The green beans are out of my small raised garden.
- ½ pound Fresh Green Beans
- 4-5 small-med Red Potatoes chopped
- ½ Sweet Onion
- ½ Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chop fresh green beans (or from frozen) in ½ " pieces. Cut red potatoes into wedges. Cut onion and bell pepper like shown.
- Pour about 1-2 Tbs of olive oil into med-high pan. Add all ingredients at once and sautee for 10-15 minutes depending on how well done you like your potatoes.
- Cover for 5 minutes to steam. Uncover and allow potatoes to brown.